With After School Science Club, Nature Museum educators work with networks of partner schools to run after school clubs that develop students’ science skills through inquiry-based activities.
Teachers observe museum educators during the first session and then receive materials and a curriculum to run an additional club. All sessions culminate in a field trip to the Nature Museum.
Key elements of the After School Science Club:
- A orientation workshop to become more familiar with the program model and the Nature Museum
- 7 after school lessons that explore local Life Science content and Science and Engineering Practices
- 7 weeks of science club lessons implemented by a Museum Educator in an after school setting
- Models best practices in science education
- Utilizes unique museum resources from our living and preserved collections
- All materials needed to facilitate the 7 lesson science club curriculum for a second group of students
- A culminating field trip to the Nature Museum for participants from all schools
Participation in this program begins with school or district leadership inquiries. For more information, contact us using the inquiry form below.