Science on the Go is a professional development program designed to help K-8 educators become more comfortable teaching science through NGSS-aligned lessons that are hands-on, inquiry-based, and incorporate cooperative learning. For more than 25 years, our experienced education staff has been working side-by-side with teachers in classrooms throughout Chicago.
With Science on the Go, you'll invest in:
- A professional development workshop to prepare for classroom implementation
- 9 NGSS-aligned lessons that explore local Life Science content and include materials for all lessons
- 3 lessons taught by a Museum Educator in your classroom
- Models best practices in science education
- Utilizes unique museum resources from our living and preserved collections
- A focused field trip to the Nature Museum including a full bus reimbursement
2018/2019 Science on the Go Registration
Quarter 2 runs November 27, 2018 - January 25, 2019. Registration deadline for Quarter 2 is October 25th.
There are eight curriculum choices for grades K-8, including
- Grades K-1 Nature in the City, Animal Secrets
- Grades 1-2 Habitat Seekers
- Grades 2-3 Water All Around Us
- Grades 3-4 Survivor: Winter Edition
- Grades 4-5 Chicago's Nature Network
- Grades 6-8 Interrupted Ecosystems, Biology Basics
Have questions about the Science on the Go program? Ready to start the two-step registration process? Please contact our program manager by clicking on the button below or calling 773-755-5100 x 5035.