Teenagers Exploring and Explaining Nature and Science (TEENS)
Explore nature in the city, learn about college and career paths in natural science fields, and participate in hands-on scientific investigations! Conduct environmental science field and laboratory investigations, and study the nature found in our city's parks, neighborhoods, and forest preserves, and participate in habitat restoration and other stewardship activities. Teens develop their own research questions and learn to use mobile devices to collect data in the field and to create and share dynamic online maps of project data, culminating in websites developed to highlight their projects.
Fall Program Dates
-September 30 - December 16, 2017
-Wednesdays from 4:30 to 6:30 pm & Saturdays from 9 am to 3:30 pm
-No meetings on Wednesday, November 22 & Saturday, November 25
-Chicago high school student
-Able to attend all program dates
Earn up to $425 for your participation.
- Explore nature in the city and participate in real-world scientific investigations
- Learn about college & career paths in the natural sciences, conservation, and education
- Investigate Chicago’s connections with global conservation issues and how you can participate
- Develop lasting friendships and network with other teenagers from across the city
- Environmental monitoring
- Habitat restoration
- Mobile data collection & digital mapping
The Fall TEENS program is full and no longer accepting applications. Please check back in January 2018 for information about our spring program.
For More Information
TEENS is generously supported by After School Matters, US Forest Service-International Programs, and The Hive Chicago Fund for Connected Learning at The Chicago Community Trust