- Saturday - Sunday
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monday - Friday
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 2430 N. Cannon Dr.
Chicago, IL 60614
The Chicago Conservation Corps (C3) recruits, trains, and supports a network of teachers who work together with their students to improve the quality of life in our neighborhoods and schools through environmental service projects.
C3 Student Clubs provide great opportunities for 6th-12th grade students to:
- Make a measurable environmental impact on their school and surrounding community.
- Understand how their actions relate to the bigger environmental picture.
- Become knowledgeable, confident, and active environmental leaders.
C3 supports Student Clubs through
Teacher training workshops.
- Learn from conservation and natural resource experts to receive a holistic picture of Chicago’s environmental scene.
- Network with other talented, enthusiastic teachers from throughout the city.
- Earn professional development credits (CPDUs) and a small stipend for your efforts.
- All of C3’s activities are designed to be student-centered, age-appropriate, and hands-on.
- To see examples of the types of projects and activities C3 Student Clubs participate in, visit our blog.
- Materials to carry out all C3 projects are provided at our workshops.
- Competitive grants are awarded to returning Clubs for year-long projects with a climate change focus. Learn more about our Club Action Projects.
- C3 sponsors field trip opportunities throughout the course of the year.
- Additional resources are distributed as they become available.
C3 staff and Partner Organization support.
- C3 staff work closely with Clubs to help them reach their goals.
- C3’s 17 partner organizations offer a wide variety of events and programs that are advertised to Clubs.